- Mission & Profile
Wisconsin Hotel & Lodging Association Profile
The Wisconsin Hotel & Lodging Association (WH&LA) is a non-profit trade association representing hotels, motels, resorts, inns, bed & breakfasts, condos and vacation homes throughout the state since 1896.
To lead Wisconsin's lodging industry by delivering valued services to and advocating for our members.
1. Exceed 25% in membership growth from July 1, 2013 to July 1, 2017.
2. Increase non-membership revenue by 12% from July 1, 2013 to January 2017 to increase services valued by our membership.
3. Increase political influence to protect and enhance the lodging industry.
4. Enhance the value of membership by delivering programs and services that reflect a 10% increase in total participation from July 1, 2013 to January 2017.
5. Increase member engagement by optimizing communications and other vehicles.
Comprised of all types of lodging properties as well as vendors, CVBs & chambers of commerce, affiliates, lodging executives, educational institutions and students. Also includes three local chapters.
A 37-member Board of Directors comprised of six officers elected by the full board, 24 lodging representatives with at least seven representatives from each of three property size categories, five associate representatives, one student representative and one legal counsel representative
WH&LA's home office is located in Brookfield, WI, at I-94 & Moorland Road. The staff of six is led by WH&LA President/CEO Trisha A. Pugal, CAE. WH&LA retains a contract lobbyist in Madison and lodging legal cousel in Milwaukee, and operates on an annual budget of approximately $700,000.
- Annual Wisconsin Lodging Directory, with distribution of 175,000
- weekly electronic WH&LA Insider newsletter
- quarterly Inn Touch magazine, the Wisconsin lodging industry publication
Featured Member Services
- Legislative Center at WisconsinLodging.org features links to find your legislator, important issues impacting Wisconsin's lodging industry and much more
- Lodging Resource Guide at WisconsinLodging.org provides links to information and resources valuable to properties 24/7; available for free download
- FREE property listing in the annual Wisconsin Lodging Directory, with 175,000 copies distributed
- FREE listing page at WisconsinLodging.org, WH&LA's searchable, mobile-friendly website with an average of 22,000 sessions monthly; listing pages feature property contact info, amenities, text about your property, a Google map of your location and rotating slideshows
- FREE link on your listing page to your property's website
- FREE participation in the JackRabbit Book Now tool, where users can search for & book a stay directly through your property's online reservations system
- FREE link to your designated online reservations system
- FREE listing in the Meetings & Events Site searchable database at WisconsinLodging.org, where meeting planners go to find suitable sites for their meetings in Wisconsin
- FREE updates to your listing at TravelWisconsin.com, the state Department of Tourism website
- Targeted marketing opportunities in more than a dozen niche marketing publications and print media, allowing members to stretch their marketing dollars to target demographics
- Featured Property opportunities at WisconsinLodging.org, which include homepage promotion
- Advertising options in WisconsINN Getaways, the monthly travel deals enewsletter sent to nearly 9,000 subscribers
Communication & Legislative Action Services
- WH&LA Advisory emails, offering important and timely advisories about things like fraud alerts, potential scams targeting the industry and tax advisories
- Capitol Insider emails, providing timely updates on legislative issues
- Representation on state and federal lodging-related legislative issues
- The opportunity to network with other lodging industry peers at committee and board meetings as well as educational events and the annual Wisconsin Lodging Conference & Trade Show
- Annual fall Wisconsin Lodging Conference & Trade Show, the only lodging-specific show in the state
- Access to WH&LA's Resource Library, with industry videos and books available for loan
- Targeted educational workshops & webinars
- Member discounts on training materials from the AH&LA Educational Institute
- Members can take advantage of savings on job postings, business purchases and more from companies like HCareers and Staples
- Members can save up to 25% on email marketing with Constant Contact
- Many associate member vendors may offer discounts to WH&LA members contacting them for bids
Legal & Regulatory Assistance
- Complementary lodging legal counsel for basic or preliminary legal questions
- FREE WH&LA Record Retention Guide to ensure required business records are retained appropriately
- The WH&LA is a Partner State of the American Hotel & Lodging Association, which provides federal legislative monitoring and representation services, as well as a national Information Center resource, special discount programs on BMI & SESAC fees and more, plus a network with other state lodging associations